Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Looks with Clients

     Working with clients can be a bit intimidating because you don't know when are they going to approve your work or how long would it take to edit a certain project. But it can be fun as well (at least). When working with project, make sure that when you color, you're not just focusing on one certain style. Give your clients as many choices as you can so it wouldn't be hard for you and so you wouldn't need to keep on revising. You can ask your client as well(be brave) on what or how he/she imagine the project would look like, at least it will help to you to get an idea on what to do and apply it later on.


                                   Original Image

     Below are some of the looks that I applied to the image above.


     In this look, I tried to do the popular Orange and Teal look. I used a layer node then on the 4th node  Isolate her skin tone using the qualifier then drag the gain to yellow/orange to make look more warmer. On the 2nd node, I drag the gamma to blue. Then I applied a window here to give a vinette style. I also did the same thing on the other looks.


     This one, I made it simple and matrix-ish style. I dragged the gamma to green instead of blue to achieve this look.

     In this example, I just dragged the lift, gamma and gain to make it more darker in the background.


     It is important to keep an eye on the project you're editing. Not just on correcting colors or giving it colors but also on what kind of footage you're editing; is it a RAW file?, a pre edited file? and etc. Speed is important as well, because projects has deadlines. You can be a good colorist but it's nothing if you're slow.



No comments:

Post a Comment