Friday, April 15, 2016

Look Test

Look Test

     For this entry, we are given a task to try and re-create this look. This clip is graded by DaVinci colorist Mr. Margus Voll.

   
     The looks are very amazing for me, he manages to achieve the bleach bypass look on this one in just few simple steps. I tried to apply this kind of look to the images below. It's not that hard to do, I manage to re-create the look closer to the original. 

Before
After


The Process:

     Here's what I did, first I auto color it (ctrl + A) to balanced the image. May I just remind you that auto color doesn't work properly all the time. There are some instances that it's better to balance an image manually than to use auto color. In this case, since it works fine, I'll stick to it. Then I used the curves to increase the brightness a bit. Then I used contrast after, to enhance the colors and to make it strong.

     The next thing I did is I added a parallel node and put window tools. In node 4, I applied vignette and on node 7, I used the tool to brighten up the center part of the clip. Then I used the wheels to add a little red on the shadows and to give more details and lastly, I added a little contrast to enhance it a bit.

Other examples:

BEFORE - AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment