Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Training

     So for this day, we did two kinds of training: The Eye and the Speed Training. Eye Training is where you look for certain looks online; like how it looks like before and after it was graded. Then using the images online, we're going to edit it to make it look similar to the graded version of the colorist we pcicked.

Eye Training





     RAW footage - Graded by Me - Graded by the Colorist

     It's not easy to copy looks from a professional grader. I did my best to re-create the looks that he did in these images. As you can  see, it's almost looks the same, but if you look closer, there are still some areas that are a bit off/ different from the source file. I think it's fine though, since I don't know the colorist' workflow. I edited it based on the things that I've learned using the software.

Speed Training

     In this part, we're given a test to try to copy the look that we've chosen and try to apply it to as many clip as we can for only 1 hour. In this training, I chose this look.


The videos below shows how I recreate the looks in the fastest way.



Part One



Part Two


No comments:

Post a Comment