Thursday, May 19, 2016

3D LUT Creator pt2


     And so we're back with the LUT creator. On my previous entry, I was using a demo version of the program. Now we have the full version and I'm excited, though I still don't get some of the parts but I'm starting to get used to it. I like it when you are making luts and you have the ability to save them and store them to your lut folder or somewhere. Before, I can't do that.

     I played around with this program as I was trying to familiarized myself with the tools. The "model" part is still as confusing and complicated as it is. I'm trying to watch some youtube tutorials that might help me understand the program. 

LUT MATCHING


     3D Lut creator has this feature where you can copy the luts/looks/style of a certain scene or picture and apply it to your image. I tried doing that with the examples above. The image on the left is from google and I used it as my reference image where I applied its look to the image on the right by pressing ctrl + m. Then another window will appear were you can tweak it a bit. I think the images looks similar but not totally the same because the one on the left is darker then the one on the right.

BEFORE - AFTER


     This one I graded using the program. I balanced the image first by tweaking the contrast, brightness and saturation. Then I added some orange/green tint. After that, I selected the red ribbon to lessen the saturation and the skin to make her look lively. I also used some curves to adjust the over all image.



No comments:

Post a Comment