Monday, May 2, 2016

Look Test

     For today's eye training, the footages that I used is from iseehue. Check it out. It's a great blog where you can learn a lot of things when it comes to grading. The colorist also created some color breakdowns to guide the viewers. He's not only using resolve but other color grading softwares.

Here are the clips that I used from the blog:

RAW - MY VERSION - ISEEHUE

 

     This shot was graded using the DaVinci Resolve. The colorist used Adobe After Effects. The challenge that I encounter in this scene is the orange tint on the subject. I think mine's is more orangey.

 

     I still used DR for this one, while the colorist used Autodesk Lustre. The problem I encountered while editing this scene is their skintones and the blue shirt. At that moment, I can't seem to figure out how to grade the skin and the background without affecting the blue shirt.

 

     I graded this using DaVinci while the colorist used Adobe After effect and Apple Color. I encounter some minor problems on this one like for example, the green thing in her mouth. Well, the color is close to the original but they are not the same.



     As you can see, I was able to re-create the clips and had the same feeling. Though it's not totally the same since the colorist from Iseehue blog used different software/s to create his look.  But I'm happy to see some similarities with the ones I graded to the reference photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment