Monday, May 16, 2016

Color grading Breakdown 3


BEFORE - AFTER



     The first thing I did in here is I used the curves to increased the brightness of the image. I then adjusted the gamma and midtones of the image to enhance the details so that I won't look flat. I used curves again to specifically darken the background without affecting the woman. Then I used a power window to give a little lightness to here. I used a third curve to enhance more the background and the foreground. Lastly, I used 2 power windows to make her eyes standout.

                                                                  BEFORE - AFTER



     For this one, I wanted it to look like an old offie. What I did is I balanced the image first, then I used both temperature (yellow) and tint (green) as the base color. Then I used gamma and gain to add more colors to it. I increased the shadows and contrast a bit to sharpen the darker areas then I used color boost to increase the amount of colors present. I also put some little blue on the lift/shadows. Then I decreased some skin color because it was too strong. Then, I added a little blue highlights to avoid making it all yellow-ish.
BEFORE - AFTER



     This scene, I wanted it look like a (almost)night scene with dramatic blue tones. To do that, I balance the image first. Then I addd (blue) temperature and a little (green) tint as the base colors. Next, I decreased the curves and wheels to give it a dark feel. Then I added a new set of blue tones using Log and Primaries. I darkened the image for the second time (same process) like the first and make a few adjustments like increasing the amount of contrast and lastly, I added a vignette to it.

BEFORE - AFTER



     For this scene, I wanted it to look lively since it has so many different colors to it. After balancing the image, I increased the curves to brighten it up since the raw image looks dark. Then I added a little warm tones using temperature and tint. I used Hue vs Sat to specifically decrease the amount of red because it's over saturated. After that, I added some blues to make it look natural then increased the curves again to brighten it more then I added a vignette at the last part.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment