Friday, May 20, 2016

LUT creator vs. Davinci Resolve



     For this entry, I tried to do the same looks using the same image but with different programs.


This is my reference image from google (Sin City)

3D LUT Creator


     As you can see, the image above is a little flatter. The red color has lesser contrast. This one looks like a plain black and white photo with a desaturated red color in the middle. First of all, I'm still not that familiar with the tools of the lut creator. I'm still trying to figure out how things work in this program. I managed to isolate the shirt but I can't seem to increase it's saturation without affecting the whole image. I also can't find a way to enhance the details more.

Davinci Resolve


     If you compare this image to my reference photo, it's more similar than the one created using the LUT creator. I'm more comfortable using davinci because I'm already familiar with the software and how things work. The red is more darker, the blacks and whites are more stronger and the details are more sharper. I like how every details in this photo pops out.



     It's understandable that I wasn't able to do the same with the lut creator. I really need to learn more and maybe in a not so distant future I will be able to do more than just this lol. This post is not about which software is the best for grading because as you can see, I'm not familiar (yet) with the lut creator. It's about comparing my grades using two different softwares based on the things that I've learned so far. I think I can do more if I get used to using the creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment