Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Eye Training


RAW - MY VERSION - GRADED

Example 1:


     At first, it seems hard to recreate these styles or looks because first of all, I don't know what specific software the colorist used to achieved these styles. But I'm glad to at least get almost the similar results. It's not 100 percent the same though. For this example, I used a lot of nodes because I don't want my grades or work flow to mixed on a single node.

Example 2:


     For this example, I balanced the over all image first then added some warm tones. I also darkened the image a bit and added some blues/green to both the shadows and the lift. I isolated her skin tones so I could give it a little more brightness. I also added some blur effect on her skin and some orange/red to make her look more alive.

Example 3:


     This example is a bit tricky. After balancing the image, I lowered down the curves to make the feeling similar to my reference. Then I added some blues tones, green tint in lift and a blue tint in highlights. I also added some orange in its midtones.



So these are the new sets of eye training that I've done. I can say that I'm progressing with these and I'm learning a lot as a colorist, I actually starting to get faster in grading so that's a good sign. Thanks



Scenes belongs to:





No comments:

Post a Comment