Tuesday, May 24, 2016

3D Lut creator pt3


     Grading with 3D Lut Creator

     For the past few weeks I've been using this software so I could be familiarize on how things works. The image below is a sample of my work.


     I did some minor grading here. I emphasize the sky, trees and the sand by increasing the amount of saturation and also the contrast. What I did first is I arranged the image using the tools below. Then, I started tweaking the A/B until I get the desired look that I wanted to see. I also did some adjustments with RGB curves (not in the image).

BEFORE - AFTER 


     Here is how it looks like before grading and after the grade. The grade that I have done makes the scene more lively and pleasing than before.

      Color Matching


     I've talked about color matching before. Here in this example above, I used both the graded and the ungraded version of this image (not my photo). The graded versions is the one on the left under reference while the ungraded is the one on the right. I used the same image to color match so I could see if there are differences or not. When I pressed command + m (short cut key for matching) a new window appeared, and I didn't get the result quickly.

The new window looks like this.


     You may not get the results quickly but you have to tweaked the tools until you get the similar results. I tried every method until I got the look closest to my reference then after that, I started fixing the image using the analysis and the matching. As you can see on the image above, both pictures looks the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment