Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Look Test


TEST

     Testing your eyes by recreating looks will help you improved your ability to grade better. For me, this eye training really helps me improved my skills and widen my knowledge in color grading.  The images below are the clips used to train my eyes in re-creating colors/style. These scenes are the hardest ones to re-create for me or not really the hardest but the challenging ones.

RAW - MY VERSION - REFERENCE


     The problem I encounter with this one is the use of magenta in both shadows and midtones. The colorist managed to combined those two without affecting the over-all image. Mine's a bit purple-ish


     For this scene, the problem I encounter was the light in the helmet's eyes. There are times that It's crushed, I tried to lessen the amount of contrast and shadows to make it look the same and balanced.


I had some minor problems in grading this clip. Those minor problems are the sand and the old man.


     I also encountered some minor problems in this scene. Because the reference image is blue but you can see other details with different colors. Mine is somewhat affecting the other colors with blue. I had issues with the light as well. I can't seem to figure out how he manage to increased it's brightness.


     This one is really hard. Because I don't know how to add bulbs and flares on the images. I used power windows and blur and sharp tool to at least make it look similar to the reference. 


     For this scene, I managed to get the same feel easily. Some minor differences are the way her skin looks with the light from the torch and some color differences with background highlights.


     I know my works aren't perfect, I did give my best to achieved the same looks. For this clips, I used DaVince Resolve to re-create it and the images/scenes are from ISEEHUE (check it out for more amazing color breakdowns).

No comments:

Post a Comment