Friday, May 13, 2016

Color Grading Breakdown 2


Ungraded flat image:


Nodes:


     Balance the image first. LTSH (lift, temperature, shadows and highlights) are for base coloring. I adjusted the skin tone a little bit to lessen the yellow color from the temperature. TSATC (tint, saturation and contrast) are for secondary color correction. I used curves to specifically fixed the brightness on some parts without affecting the whole clip. I isolated the sky using the color qualifier and adjusted the colors to make it blue. The reason why I didn't qualify it first it's because there are some noise from the background. I decided to fix it first before I proceed. I increased the saturation to make lively and colorful. The next thing I did is I added some yellow tint (yt) on the image to make it look warmer. Then I added a vignette. Lastly, I did some minor adjustments using primary and log grade, and curves to further enhance the image.

Result:

No comments:

Post a Comment