Friday, May 27, 2016

Color Grading


Original image

(credits to the owner)

The original image looks neutral, though the blacks are not that black.

Grade 1 : Davinci Resolve 12.5
     

     For this, I tried to do the sin city look again. I did some few steps in here to achieve this look. First, I desaturated the picture then I adjusted the amount of contrast and midtone details. The next thing I did is I added a parallel node. It's for the blur and sharp effect of the entire image. Then I increased the amount of highlights and the dark parts using the curves.

Grade 2
3D Lut Creator to Davinci Resolve

 


     I tried to use the same photo for the LUT creator. I just did the basic way of grading, like adjusting the contrast and saturation. Then I used some random curves until I found the desired look that I want. The next thing I did is I took a screenshot of the image and then import it to davinci. I make other additional adjustments there. I increased the contrast a bit and fixed the luminance using curves. I also added a little orange to the skin using gain and some blue/green and warms tones to the shadows and lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment