Tuesday, May 10, 2016

3D LUT Creator

what is a 3D LUT Creator? 

     According to 3DLut Creator it is the latest program with unique tools that you can use for professional color grading of digital images and video and creating 3DLUT-files that can be imported into many programs such as Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere pro, DaVinci Resolve and Final Cut pro.

     For the mean time, since I'm not familiar with how this program works, I just downloaded the Demo to be familiarized with every part of it. This is how the interface looks like:


     I can't explain it more because I have to do more explorations but for now, the black area on the right is were you can see the image that you are editing and the area on the left are the tools that you can use for editing. 

Here are some of the images I edited using this program:

BEFORE - AFTER

     For this image, I tried to do an orange and teal and I'm also trying to make look mysterious-fantasy-ish look

BEFORE - AFTER

Another example:


     I did some little adjustments on this one. I actually don't know how this program works at the moment. There are some parts that are too complicated and hard to understand. At first, it seems pretty easy to use and very light, but when you're using and trying to figure out what look you want to create, it's a bit of a challenge. Since it's a demo version, I can't save or export the luts. 

     For now, it a bit challenging but I believe once I understand the process on how to create luts using this program. It would be easy. The model on top is also a bit confusing to me. I think every model has a specific purpose or a specific part when grading. Hopefully in the next day, I'll be able to understand this and create luts far more greater than these ones.

Credits:

2 comments: