Monday, May 23, 2016

Eye Training


Hey guys, so here are the new set of eye training that I have done for today.

RAW - MY VERSION - GRADED VERSION


     At first, I couldn't figure out how to recreate the look. I isolated the skin first and added some orange to it then I increased the temperature to blue. After that, I increased the contrast to achieve the dark look. I also added a vignette and a power window to the guy. Lastly, I added some blue but I think my final look is more greener that the graded version I'm copying. It's a bit difficult because I'm trying to add colors without affecting the white bars that much.


     After balancing the image, I increased the amount of contrast and lower the gain and lift. Then I decreased the saturation a bit and added some blue and green tones to enhance the color of the suit. I play around with the RGB curve to add a little green to it then I increased again the amount of the contrast. I then put a vignette to darken the elements around. I also increased the amount of saturation then select some colors and lessen it so it wouldn't look so strong. Finally, I added some warm tones to it. 


     For this one, I feel like it's almost the same. I'm trying to figure out this one as well, on how did the colorist managed to achieved this look. As you can see, it's not just dragging the gain to blue. First, I balanced the image. Then I dragged the gamma to blue and the gain to orange to make it look like orange and teal. After that, I added a little blue temp and green tint. I dragged down the brighter parts using the curves then I add another blue tones by dragging the gain to blue and adding a little green to the gamma. To make it look more darker, I decreased the saturation and increased the amount of contrast, I also added a little orange to the highlights so he wouldn't look pale and blue to the lift to make the darker areas more sharper. And lastly, I selected the brighter parts and increased it a bit to give a little shine to the face.



No comments:

Post a Comment